View Status Bar

Newuser964 12:09 28 Apr 2003

One more small question re IE6 - when I am online with IE6 in W ME, and I tick Status Bar in the View menu, it stays ticked unless and until I untick it.

When I do the same when online with W XP, it defaults to being unticked every time I reboot.

Is there any way of keeping the darn' thing ticked?

spikeychris 12:16 28 Apr 2003

1) With (only one) IE open, click View, select: Status Bar 2) Right-click on IE's Toolbar and select: "Lock the Toolbar" 3) Hold down the Ctrl key and click the close button (upper right) 4) Open Windows Explorer, click View, select: Status Bar 5) Right-click on Explorer's Toolbar and select: "Lock the Toolbar" 6) Click Tools | Folder Options | View tab 7) Click the "Apply to all folders" button. 8) Hold down the Ctrl key and click the close button (upper right) 9) Open IE to any page, right-click on a link and select: "Open in New Window" 10)Verify that these Registry entries exist: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main "Show_StatusBar"="yes" "Show_URLinStatusBar"="yes"

Chris

Newuser964 13:09 28 Apr 2003

spikeychris - thanks a lot - I was trying this - however am a bit stumped when I got to item 6), as I don't have Folder Options under Tools or anywhere else on the IE page that I can find.

If I open Folder Options from the Control Panel, and go to View, the "Apply to all folders" option is greyed out. Even if I restore the default settings under the General tab, this remains the case - the View/Apply to all folders remains greyed out.

Looks as if I have unearthed another problem!

spikeychris 13:16 28 Apr 2003

There aren't folder options on the Internet Explorer page. You need to open Windows Explorer, ie: by holding your windows key down (the one with the pic of a Microsoft floating window) and press the E key at the same time. You have folder options from tools there.

Chris

Newuser964 13:27 28 Apr 2003

Thanks, Chris - seems to have worked - wld never have figured that one out!

spikeychris 13:31 28 Apr 2003

Your welcome :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?