A+ Video Trainng,any good?

iqs 18:03 30 Jul 2008

Hello,

Yet another question regarding training for the A+ Essentials Exam.

I have seen advertised on Amazon and Ebay,video training for the A+ Exams.

Has anyone used this type of media?,does it help?.

Currently I'm reading the CompTIA A+ Certification for Dummies 9 books in 1,then the Absolute Beginners Guide to the A+ Certification by Mark Edward Soper.

Both books are very knowledgeable and easy to understand.But with combined pages of over 2200 it will take some time,phew..

But like I asked,how good is video training?.

Many thanks

Seth Haniel 13:59 31 Jul 2008

Monkey see, Monkey do comes to mind

often no matter how hard you read there is no substitute for being shown what to do.

Pamy 14:09 31 Jul 2008

Hello again iqs, I am sure it will help but at a price. Do not forget that you will have the hands on help of a tutor in September, thats what yu are paying for

iqs 15:11 31 Jul 2008

Seth Haniel,many thanks for the reply.

'often no matter how hard you read there is no substitute for being shown what to do'

I agree,It is always easier to learn new skills if shown,then reading from books.

But since I have started to read the Dummies Book,I have learnt so much,I know know about SCSI,IRQ's,I/O Addresses,and more.But my poor eyes and wrist from making notes :-(

Hello Pamy ,thanks again for your comments.

I bought the book you recommended from Amazon.I have only read a few pages,but instantly I can tell it is aimed at the novice/beginner,lovely.

I will start the book once the Dummies book is finished.Only another 400+ pages to go...

I have e-mailed the college asking if the lecturer wouldn't mind me contacting him regarding the course syllabus.No reply as yet.

If I don't receive any recommendations from this thread regarding informative training packages,I will wait until September and seek the advice of the college.

Once again many thanks for your help Seth Haniel & Pamy.Regards, IQS

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?