Video card compatibility and monitor display issue

Tasbr 16:45 15 Nov 2015

I bought an HP computer the about a week ago and installed a nvidia geforce gt610 video card. The desktop was working fine until today where I got a pink screen for a few seconds then now for the whole day my monitor shows "check video cable". I know there's nothing wrong with the monitor because I tested it out on another laptop. My power supply produces 366w maximum, 6gb ram. The problem occurred a few hours after installing the graphics drivers

[email protected] 20:02 15 Nov 2015

Sounds like bad drivers, try to delete and reinstall them. If you still have issues i would suggest trying the card in another machine.

Tasbr 04:08 16 Nov 2015

Alright so no monitors work on the desktop so I decided to reset CMOS and unplug everything when I put everything back in when I press the on button nothing happens. My power source is working I see a light on my motherboard however the on button on the front is unresponsive and there is no light. I believe the motherboard is still active because when I turn off from wall I hear the speaker go off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy 13 (2019) review

Call Me By Your Name and other queer film classics are celebrated in Aiste Stancikaite's prints…

Apple Watch Series 5 release date, price & specs rumours

Quel est le meilleur Mac pour un ├ętudiant ?