Video Card

Rilfin 23:19 02 Jun 2010

I have an Hp Pavilion a1007w computer ( AMD Athlon 64- 3200+), with Windows xp pro sp3 . I'm trying to upgrade the video card from a geforce 440se mmx (128) to a geforce fx 5200. I rebooted the computer, and nothing displayed at first, the computer just beeped twice but just black screen. I switched cards back out, disabled the default monitor, re-installed the other card (5200), and it boots until the windows screen, then freezes. I uninstalled all drivers ( from the 440mmx ), still nothing. Do I need to flash the bios, or is this computer too outdated to accept the geforce fx 5200? Thanks :)

Rilfin 23:25 02 Jun 2010

I forgot to mention that I downloaded the correct driver for the card at nvidia website, and upon trying to install it, it gave me an error message: "The nvidia setup could not locate any drivers that is compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit."

Rilfin 06:57 03 Jun 2010

Problem is, I get that error message when trying to install the driver, so it doesn't install(while having the 440mmx in), but I can't even get windows to boot up if I reboot with the 5200 card in it. So... what do I do? Oh, here's the link just to show the drivers I've picked for the 5200fx :

click here

Rilfin 12:20 03 Jun 2010

I fixed the problem myself, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?