VGA to hdmi

  Gummybeara 12:11 26 Jun 2012

Hi I don't have any VGA ports on my tv only hdmi

What will to best way to achieve this hook laptop to pc

Will this work?

What about sound? Will sound require another cable too like headphone jack to the white red yellow cable?

Please help me with this situation

  Gummybeara 12:14 26 Jun 2012

What about this?

And will this out sound will any of the above options work

  T0SH 12:57 26 Jun 2012

I think the device you are looking for is called an upscaler be carefull prices and quality vary widely

Cheers HC

  Gummybeara 13:13 26 Jun 2012

Great thanks any ideas of cost

  Gummybeara 14:16 26 Jun 2012

So the cable from amazon is no good?

  lotvic 14:41 26 Jun 2012

I'm having trouble posting on this thread, this is a test post.

  lotvic 14:52 26 Jun 2012

Well that worked so will try again.

You will need a signal converter because VGA is analogue and HDMI is digital. I found a thread on which will give you some info but pca won't let me post link - have tried various methods - even not making it a link but it still won't post.

  Gummybeara 17:07 26 Jun 2012

Will the lead for amazon work? In the link above my post

  Gummybeara 17:08 26 Jun 2012

Thanks lotvic will the lead from amazon not work then?

  lotvic 18:23 26 Jun 2012

I don't know, I can't get your 2nd link to work - get a 404 page not found.

Will have another look at avforum and see which lead/converter they favour.

Am I right in thinking that you have a VGA out on the laptop and a HDMI in on the tv? What make and model is your tv? (need to find out which resolutions it supports)

  Gummybeara 20:08 26 Jun 2012

Hi screen resolution is Screen Resolution - 1024 x 768 samsung

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?