VGA and Cmedia sound driver problem PLEASE HELP!!!

hal_cyon 23:45 18 Dec 2004

Please someone tell me they know how to fix this problem, I've been trying all day.

I just upgraded a PC and installed a new 80GB hard drive too, which all went well. I installed Win ME and then went to install the Motherboard drivers when I ran into a problem.
I installed the VGA driver and restarted, and it worked fine. Then I installed the Audio driver and restarted and got an error message saying "windows had a problem accessing the regisrty, and will now restart your system"
After the restart the VGA drivers had gone as well as the Sound driver.
I then tried to install the sound driver first and restarted to find it had worked fine, so I installed the VGA driver next and the same thing happened as before "windows had a problem accessing the regisrty, and will now restart your system", after the restart no drivers

I hope someone can please help me with this
Thanks
HAL

Giggle n' Bits 00:29 19 Dec 2004

have you installed the Motherboard Chipset Drivers if they are VIA, Intel or Sis ?

You mention all drivers apart from the chipset, also Direct X v 8.1 could be damaged.

Do you happen to know the Make & Model of the Motherboard ?

Have you changed any other hardware inside ?

hal_cyon 01:11 19 Dec 2004

have you installed the Motherboard Chipset Drivers if they are VIA, Intel or Sis ?
YES THEY ARE SIS

You mention all drivers apart from the chipset, also Direct X v 8.1 could be damaged.
HOW DO I CHECK IF DX IS DAMAGED?

Do you happen to know the Make & Model of the Motherboard ?
ASROCK K7S-41GX

Have you changed any other hardware inside
YES, AS WELL AS M/BOARD
NEW CPU AMD SEMPRON 2400
NEW MEMORY 256 DDR (333)

ANY IDEAS WHAT MIGHT BE WRONG?
Thanks,
HAL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)