Very Strange

peterleemaxwell 23:18 15 Apr 2007

This is not a wind up. Using the PC just doing random things out of the speakers come the words 'I count down the minutes till i can be with you again'. Seriously I've not been drinking. I tried to find whatever it was by 'Ad aware' and AVG Anti-spy ware. Nothing. Did not see anything running in Windows Task Manager.
Has any one had this or any suggestions.

Stuartli 23:24 15 Apr 2007

It appears you might have inadvertently clicked on an advert or similar link - it happens occasionally.

peterleemaxwell 23:27 15 Apr 2007

Thanks Stuartli,
That's a relief.

skidzy 23:29 15 Apr 2007

Sorry had to giggle when i read this thread.

More than likely as Stuartli says.Rebbot the system and see if this stops.

skidzy 23:30 15 Apr 2007

Reboot i meant...said i was giggling :-)))

peterleemaxwell 23:31 15 Apr 2007

Glad you liked it skidzy. It was a creepy voice as well.

skidzy 23:38 15 Apr 2007

And to think Friday the 13th has gone !
Glad your sorted Peter.

p;3 00:09 16 Apr 2007

have the strange voices vanished ? you have had skidzy rebboting and not rebooting too ::))poor computer must need a cuppa ?

al7478 02:12 16 Apr 2007

On certain sites (sorry, i forget which exactly - which one were you on at the time?)there are some very annoying anti drugs ads that kick in whether you click anything or not i think. Very disoncerting. Come to think of it, it has happenned to me on youtube i think, but there are other problem sites for it too.

p;3 08:27 16 Apr 2007

if you clicked on an ad you do not want, you could try using the Host's file(recommeneded to me some while ago by Vog) ; using it manages to stop most ads appearing in the first place and makes visitng sites that much more pleasureable and easier;

if you do not like the Hosts file it is easily removed

peterleemaxwell 09:38 16 Apr 2007

Thanks to all who gave an input

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?