Very Slow Brower Performance But Only at My Connec

swmy 22:27 17 Jun 2006

I hope someone can please help. I am blueyonder broadband customer and I have recently had very very slow browser performance connecting to any web sites. This is affecting two laptops I have at home and have ran checks for spyware. Also when checking my connection speeds by pinging various web sites and downloading large patch file for a games everything runs very fast.

What really puzzles me is that when I plug my laptop into another blueyonder connection of a neighbour's everything is fine and runs super fast. I just seems to be my home connection AND only web pages. Can any please explain this and how to resolve it.

ed-0 22:30 17 Jun 2006

Have you had a FUP warning from them?

woodchip 23:15 17 Jun 2006

It sounds like it's your windows setup. Can you go back with a system restore point

De Marcus™ 23:23 17 Jun 2006

FUP warning?

wassat then ?

woodchip 23:25 17 Jun 2006

Using the Internet more than there limit

ed-0 23:28 17 Jun 2006

Most ISP's operate a Fair Usage Policy. At times of high demand, usuall 6pm to 11pm and most weekends, they ask that you do not hog the bandwidth. i.e. P2P.

If you do this a lot, you may be issued with a FUP warning. They may then go on to strangle your bandwidth. They can turn down your internet downloads down to dial-up speeds.

Blue yonder operate a FUP policy.

ed-0 23:28 17 Jun 2006

You beat me to it.:-)

woodchip 23:36 17 Jun 2006

You need a Reault

ed-0 23:39 17 Jun 2006

lol

De Marcus™ 23:44 17 Jun 2006

Aha, Fair Usage Policy, brain didn't kick in, thanks guys.

ed-0 23:50 17 Jun 2006

said

" It sounds like it's your windows setup. Can you go back with a system restore point "

and

swmy said

"What really puzzles me is that when I plug my laptop into another blueyonder connection of a neighbour's everything is fine and runs super fast."

Thats what made me think FUP and not a windows thing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts