Very Confused

conburt 11:09 04 Nov 2004

I have 2 PC's running on Windows XP ( SP2 on both) When I put an already used CD-R into one PC and go into my computer right click cd drive & properties I get a pie diagram showing used & free space on that disk. Fine. I can add to it. When I do the same with the other PC it shows the disk is full, even though I know it isn't & I can't add to it. Is the problem with drive , the settings or something else?

hillybilly 11:11 04 Nov 2004

Had this yesterday, my prob was I was using a cd-rw drive in one machine, but trying to read the disk with and ordinary cd-rom in the other, which is where it was showing full.

no-name 11:12 04 Nov 2004

conburt have you got InCD active on both PCs?

matt1234 11:12 04 Nov 2004

its finallized meaning one computer see's its full while the other see's it how much space its got on it!

The machine that finallized it will see it how much space its got while the otherone will just see it full. even if it only has 100mb on it!

matt1234 20:20 04 Nov 2004

in reply to your email

their is no way that i know of because the computer that burnt it will remeber it has burnt it and will always say the right stats

matt1234 20:20 04 Nov 2004

in reply to your email

their is no way that i know of because the computer that burnt it will remeber it has burnt it and will always say the right stats

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?