Very Cheap PC Bits Online Company

DJ-Garry 22:15 21 Apr 2004

Just thought I'd let everyone know the site I found for PC bits. As cheap as computer fairs without the risk (or at least as much). They are called RL Supplies click here.
If anyone has any good or bad experience of this company please let me know.
Cheers, Garry.

DJ-Garry 14:31 22 Apr 2004

Bump!!!

leo49 14:50 22 Apr 2004

Not that cheap. I've just compared the prices of 3 items I've bought from Ebuyer this week for various PCs I'm assembling[Sony white CDRW,Sony Black CDRW/DVDrom Combo, and black NEC2500. Cost at Ebuyer £115.31 - at RL £129.67. Hmmm....

fsbb 14:57 22 Apr 2004

I recently built a PC. Compared prices from numerous suppliers and saved £44 compared to RL Supplies.

fsbb 14:58 22 Apr 2004

I recently built a PC. Compared prices from numerous suppliers and saved £44 compared to RL Supplies.

fsbb 14:59 22 Apr 2004

Sorry double clicked 'Post Response'

fsbb 14:59 22 Apr 2004

Sorry double clicked 'Post Response'

GaT7 15:18 22 Apr 2004

Most of these companies look cheap on the outside because they display all their offers on their main webpage/shopfront. What they display as cheaper in some areas they are more expensive in others so in the end it all levels out. Am yet to come across a retail site that is considerably cheaper than the others in the majority of their items.

siliconbits 15:33 22 Apr 2004

ebuyer ;-) Ebay ;-))))))

Simsy 06:39 23 Apr 2004

in the past. But not online. Because they're only a couple of miles down the road from me I've always bought over the counter.

I see the website has been revamped... I don't think it's as clear as before; it used to be very clear, but navigation was very clunky.

When I've been in there the staff seem to be very knowledgeable and helpful, and on the one occassion I had reason to talk to the tech department for advice they were good... though the phone system was new at the time, and it was round the houses a bit before I got the correct destination.

I certainly will be using them again, and I also use click here Again, this is not the best website for navigation, bur the prices are good and the phone support is good and helpful.

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?