VARIOUS ERROR MESSAGES .

curlylad 21:48 20 Oct 2003

Hi guys and gals,
I've just switched this P.C. on after spending about a week trying to sort out a fault I'd rather forget and I've got various error messages.You'll have to bare with me on this one , I'll describe it exactly as I now know how important that is:-
I switched on and everything started OK until I had just established a dial up connection then as the dial up screen disappeared a window appeared that said 'MSOFFICE performed an illegal operation and will be shut down', I clicked the close button and immediately got a deep blue screen that said 'A fatal exception OE occured at 0167:BFF9DFFF press any key to continue'.
So I pressed a key and straight away got a black screen with a white window in the middle saying ' MSOFFICE caused a general protection fault in module USER.EXE at 0001:000003d0.'
There was a close button at the bottom of the screen so I clicked that and I then got another deep blue screen that told me 'A fatal exception 06 has occured at 0000:00000108' etc etc.
So I hit the reset button and everything seems to be running OK but what did all that mean and what do I do to stop that happening again ,is there some software problem that needs correcting so as to put a stop to this message .
I know its a long one guys , pardon the pun , but can anyone advise?

VoG II 21:51 20 Oct 2003

What version of Microsoft Office do you have? Also version of Windows might be helpful...

mark e 21:51 20 Oct 2003

click here

click here

click here

try these for starters

curlylad 23:03 20 Oct 2003

VoG , win98SE ,M.Office 97.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?