Various BSODs Appearing Somewhat Randomly

ToasterBurns 21:58 31 Jan 2018

For about 2 weeks now I've had BSODs (blue screens of death) causing my computer to restart. I've seen 3+ error messages attached to them, and the only trend I've seen is that it seems to happen more often when watching videos.

I have tried looking through drivers, I updated my BIOS (which fixed another issue I was having, most likely a separate one), and I have checked out the RAM, SSD and hard drive to a certain degree but the problem persists.

The only thing I can think of that has changed recently (around the time of the first crash) was my router, but I can't understand why that would lead to crashes. I may test whether or not it crashes without an internet connection (I use ethernet, as my computer doesn't have a wireless adaptor), although as I said I'm relatively sure it's unrelated.

I can provide specs if it's useful, and the 2 stop codes I remember are listed below: UNEXPECTEDSTOREEXCEPTION CRITICALPROCESSDIED

A (possibly separate) error screen which sometimes pops up on a black screen when booting up my PC says:

>Checking Media Presence. >Media Present...... >Start PXE over IPv4

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:11 01 Feb 2018

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?