Using PCA members email contact?.

spuds 17:01 13 Dec 2015

I seem to recall asking this question previously, and never receiving a satisfactory answer.

When a member wants to make contact with another member, the idea I believe is to go through PCA to request that contact, so you can communicate direct. The old system, there was an envelope, that provided access straight-away.

Recently I have had requests from other member's wishing to contact me, yet the email sent by PCA states that you need to click on a link provided in that email. On both occasions I refer, there wasn't any provided link, except a blank space.

The emails normally sent, have a PCA no-reply address.

On a point of curiosity, how do do you contact or oblige another member, if the facility is not there to use?.

As anyone else noticed this?.

[DELETED] 17:14 13 Dec 2015

You are welcome to email me via the message icon and I'll see if it works.

Forum Editor 23:07 13 Dec 2015

I just sent you an email via the icon next to your username.

robin_x 23:20 13 Dec 2015

I remember the discussion some months ago and it didn't work but FE said it did.

Maybe it needs proper testing.

spuds 15:31 14 Dec 2015

Thanks for the responses. I have a number of things to do, so i'll be back later, time permitting.

spuds 10:29 15 Dec 2015

rdave13

I have made an attempt to send you an email, via the icon beside your username, but was not able, due to pressing the send tab, and nothing happened. it also took a few moment to load the page.

Forum Editor

I have received your email, and responded accordingly. Your email also stated that there was a link to reply, but again, in the email, there was no link available, just a blank.

I sent my response via the PCA no-reply address.

The email will be sent from your current email address "xxxx", this can not be changed. A copy of this message will be recorded by PC Advisor for auditing purposes. Any abuse of this service will result in you being banned.

[DELETED] 10:47 15 Dec 2015

Spuds - tried to send a test message to you, pressed the send button and nothing. Waited a few seconds and tried again but got the This page can’t be displayed error. So it looks as it's not working.

spuds 11:29 15 Dec 2015

rdave13

I think this website is having a few problems this morning.

I have made attempts at posting to other threads, and received error messages.

If you can try later, I will be obliged.

[DELETED] 11:33 15 Dec 2015

spuds it might be us breaking the site lol..

[DELETED] 11:36 15 Dec 2015

Still getting the This page can’t be displayed when I click on 'send' the second time.

spuds 11:36 15 Dec 2015

rdave13 - to true, best not let the Forum Editor know ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

12 character artists you should know about in 2019

iPad mini 5 release date, price & specs rumours

Test : l’enceinte Bluetooth BW-AS2 de Blitzwolf