using my internet at home from my london address

ryne 18:56 06 Mar 2005

I would like to acess my email at my house when I get home . all I get when I enter my email address is my email address but I am unable to get to my mail, can anyone help. I am not a great user of the internet

octal 18:59 06 Mar 2005

Who is your Internet Service Provider?

octal 19:02 06 Mar 2005

Perhaps I should clarify, who is you ISP where your email is located? Like NTL, Tiscali, Virgin or some other.

keith-236785 20:27 06 Mar 2005

you should be able to log onto your account via the internet and read your mail on there (sometimes called webmail), definitely available on NTL.

VoG II 20:31 06 Mar 2005

Are you asking if you can access your work e-mail from home?

ryne 18:24 10 Mar 2005

my service provider is btconnect on broadband in london. at home it is bt residential.sorry that I did not make that clear.
ryne

ryne 18:24 10 Mar 2005

my service provider is btconnect on broadband in london. at home it is bt residential.sorry that I did not make that clear.
ryne

octal 18:27 10 Mar 2005

I stand corrected, you should be able to access your email via Web mail, most ISP's have it.

octal 18:30 10 Mar 2005

I'm not with BT, but this might be the sign-in page click here

FelixTCat 18:44 10 Mar 2005

You can normally log into any pop mail server from anywhere if you know the address of the pop server and your password. You can then pick up your mail.

What you cannot do is send mail from that server unless you are accessing it from your registered location (or a registered location).

For example, if your home ISP has a pop server address of pop.home.com and you are on someone else's pc, say on an ISP whose pop server is pop.work.com, in your email client at work.com you can log on to pop.home.com with your pssword and receive your mail.

ryne 20:52 10 Mar 2005

thaks every one, I have now been able to connec.I can now have a holiday
ryne

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?