Using a mobile wifi device on holiday

Jean761199 09:25 02 May 2017

Does anyone know if theses devices will work on a cruise ship.

compumac 10:43 02 May 2017

You will find that perhaps the Cruise ship would provide those facilities (perhaps) Ask the cruise ship contacts.

compumac 10:44 02 May 2017

You will find that perhaps the Cruise ship would provide those facilities (perhaps) Ask the cruise ship contacts.

Govan1x 11:00 02 May 2017

Thought that I read somewhere that if you wanted Wifi on board you had to pay for it.

compumac 13:12 02 May 2017

I would expect that it would not be free, but..........

lotvic 13:13 02 May 2017

Apparently it's satellite internet WiFi. Most major cruise operators supply Wi-Fi on a pay-as-you-browse basis and it costs and can be patchy, more details from the Telegraph clickhere

Secret-Squirrel 13:31 02 May 2017

.............if theses devices will work on a cruise ship.

No, they won't :(

mikef. 13:40 02 May 2017

Yes they will work on a cruise ship, find the passenger wifi in your settings and log on, you will be taken to the home page and have to register, usually using your cabin and name, you will then be asked to chose a price plan, which one you chose will be up to you, when you register you will be asked for a password and will use your cabin number and password to ologin after that. As has been sid it is not cheap but most cruise lines do have happy hours where you can get free minutes. I take my Tablet ob cruises and log on a few times

Secret-Squirrel 14:07 02 May 2017

Yes they will work.........

Perhaps you're thinking of something else but a mobile WiFi device (AKA "MiFi") is a compact wireless router that gets its Internet from a SIM card and a connection to a mobile network. Here's one:

There'll be no mobile signal at sea so it won't be able to get an Internet connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)