Using Microsoft Office 2013 OUtlook email

chub_tor 18:46 19 Sep 2016
Answered

For years I have used Microsoft Office but never used the Outlook part for emails. With Live Mail on its way out I thought that I would try it out. I have set up my accounts and can send and receive with no problems and it is slowly populating all the various Received/Sent/Deleted sections.

I have loads of contacts in the Contacts section but what I have yet to figure out is how to get the To: box to autocomplete the email address as I start to type in the recipients name. I am finding that I have to look up the email address and get that inserted. I am sure that there must be an auto complete but I have yet to find it.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Mr.MapleSyrup 18:53 19 Sep 2016

As far as I'm aware, there is no auto complete function on Outlook. Then again, I might be totally wrong. Terribly sorry that I can't be much more help.

BRYNIT 21:14 19 Sep 2016
Answer

In outlook 2007 I have to select or type in the email once, the next time I type in the first letter it will show a list of email addresses used.

chub_tor 22:11 19 Sep 2016

I think that you are correct. It seems that these versions of Outlook do not refer back to the Contacts list for email addresses but gradually build up a list of those previously used and work from that. Not a great system.

Newuser939 14:27 20 Sep 2016

Or you can go into Contacts, click on the email address and that will open a new message with the address already in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S10 review

Butcher Billy's Black Mirror artwork is coming to vinyl for the first time

Is the Apple Store down? What's Apple launching?

Comment modifier le DPI d’une souris ?