Using controller causes 75% fps drop after 5 minut

Ghoster001 22:17 05 Sep 2018

Hi. I already researched enough about the problem to know the cause.

Basically while playing games on my computer and using Xbox 360 controller after 5 minutes my fps are going down by like 70-90% and the only way to fix it is to move my mouse. Then after next 5 minutes the problem comes back. Its really frustrating especially while playing online.

My 99% guess is that xbox controller doesnt prevent my computer from going idle so all the updates that windows does when idle, start while I play a game which causes huge disk usage and then low fps. It happens on both Forza Horizon 3 and Assassin's creed: Origins, and some other games.

When I use a keybord + mouse however I have contant 60+ fps in all my games and it never drops below that threshold.

That wasnt always the case. It happened 2 months ago, yet my controller is likely to be 1 and a half years old if I remember correctly. Also its not wireless.

My computer specs are: Windows 10 64 Bit, 16 GB of Ram, Intel Core 3770K 3.5 GHz, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 250 SSD + 1 TB HDD,

Disclaimer: Reinstalling and Installing drivers doesnt help, already tried it.

Thanks for any help, Appreciate it.

MJS WARLORD 22:40 05 Sep 2018

if games are in steam right click/properties/local files/ click verify integrity.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)