Using controller causes 75% fps drop after 5 minut

Ghoster001 22:17 05 Sep 2018

Hi. I already researched enough about the problem to know the cause.

Basically while playing games on my computer and using Xbox 360 controller after 5 minutes my fps are going down by like 70-90% and the only way to fix it is to move my mouse. Then after next 5 minutes the problem comes back. Its really frustrating especially while playing online.

My 99% guess is that xbox controller doesnt prevent my computer from going idle so all the updates that windows does when idle, start while I play a game which causes huge disk usage and then low fps. It happens on both Forza Horizon 3 and Assassin's creed: Origins, and some other games.

When I use a keybord + mouse however I have contant 60+ fps in all my games and it never drops below that threshold.

That wasnt always the case. It happened 2 months ago, yet my controller is likely to be 1 and a half years old if I remember correctly. Also its not wireless.

My computer specs are: Windows 10 64 Bit, 16 GB of Ram, Intel Core 3770K 3.5 GHz, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 250 SSD + 1 TB HDD,

Disclaimer: Reinstalling and Installing drivers doesnt help, already tried it.

Thanks for any help, Appreciate it.

KEITH 1955 22:40 05 Sep 2018

if games are in steam right click/properties/local files/ click verify integrity.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

EE 5G review: How fast is 5G in the UK?

The Best 404 Page Designs: from delightful illustrations to time-wasting games

Powerbeats Pro review

Que faire si le son de votre Mac ne fonctionne plus ?