Using Compatiable Cart

SIXTYONE 12:40 30 Jul 2005

I have an Epson Stylus C66 printer. How can I override message to use original cart's. printer of late will not let me print using compatiable's

ACOLYTE 12:50 30 Jul 2005

Im not sure as i pointed out in your other post,i use a Epson C44 and compatible cartidges,the only time i used Epson was when i first got the printer,it may be a feature of the model you have i have no idea,there are i think chips sets you can buy to unlock printers to use any inks but im not sure.If as you said its only the Black thats at fault it may be a dodgy cartridge,have you tried another black one?.

jakimo 13:01 30 Jul 2005
  ACOLYTE 13:42 30 Jul 2005

click here

is the other thread i already recommeded the utility but as he says its only black cartridges that dont work,thats why i thought it may be a dodgy cart.

SIXTYONE 14:41 30 Jul 2005

Have just bought Epson Original Cart and printer is working fine. The utility you mentioned which command do you use to be able to use compatiable.

ACOLYTE 15:44 30 Jul 2005

There isnt a setting as such its just a program to allow you to do different things with the cartridges,i cant understand why you cant use compatable inks.It must have been a dodgy black cartridge.

pj123 16:08 30 Jul 2005

I don't know about the C66 but I have Epson printers and use compatible cartridges in all of them. The only message I have ever had says something like: "this is not an original cartridge do you want to continue" I say Yes and it doesn't come up again until I change another cartridge.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?