Using Audio With MSN Messenger 6.2

gcs_uk 21:26 05 Jul 2004

Can anyone assist me.

My daughter is running Windows XP and MSN Messenger 6.2 same as me but she cannot hear any of my audio when i use a mike.

I am using a basic labtec microphone which just plugs into my PC using a USB port.

I have configured the mike using XP wizard but still she cant hear anything.

And before anyone asks yes she does have her speakers turned on and the volume up.

The microphone came with no software so I assume it should just plug and play.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

SANAP 21:34 05 Jul 2004

This might be the problem and that is the microphone is muted. go to that speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner and double click, this opens a sound board controller, look for the mic symbol or such like and click on speaker symbol, if it is muted it is usually red.

The other trick is to make sure mic is in proper socket and try the headphones socket, it is better with headphones as then u get no feedback.

ok

sanap

SANAP 21:35 05 Jul 2004

This might be the problem and that is the microphone is muted. go to that speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner and double click, this opens a sound board controller, look for the mic symbol or such like and click on speaker symbol, if it is muted it is usually red.

The other trick is to make sure mic is in proper socket and try the headphones socket, it is better with headphones as then u get no feedback.

ok

sanap

gcs_uk 04:26 13 Jul 2004

Trying again to get my microphone to work.

The volume is not muted and configured it so when I do the recording/playback test in XP I can see that it is recording my voice but when it playsback all I get is a lot of echo and my voice is indistinguisable.

Here is everything which I think may be important

Mike is a labtec Verse 704
Running Windows XP
I have harman/kardon speakers which came with my monitor which is a hp pavillon mx703
Sound card is a NVIDIA(R)nForce(TM)Audio
voice playback is NVIDIA(R)nForce(TM)Audio
voice recording is ak5370
All this info was obtained from the Sounds and Audio Devices Properties box

Any help would be appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?