Can anyone give me guidance as I am not sure what to try next.
For the past week my internet keeps closing down with the error "explorer has caused an error in user.exe. explorer will now close". Using windows ME & ie6 sp1. I have not added any new programs recently. At the moment explorer has closed down twice while trying to type this. I have used defrag, scandisk, repaired ie many times & ran spybot but I am unable to find out what the problem is.
Did not want to try what jimv7 suggested just yet (thanks any way) so I downloaded sp1 for ie6 (did not want to do that as it caused a lot of problems earlier in the year). Any way, after I did this I downloaded ADAWARE 6.0 and it found a lot of junk that Spybot had not found. After using scan disk & defrag everything seems to be fine, so far!!
Thanks to all.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.