User account corrupt? - bad display

[DELETED] 11:28 11 Sep 2003

I have been having problems with the display when I connect to the internet, although only intermittently There are missing colours and the type is too large etc. It is a new computer (XP), so I thought it was the graphics card. However the customer service suggest my user acct is corrupted. I have created a new one and so far OK. So maybe this is the problem. Anyone agree? However my problem now is that I need to get everything over to this new account (eg emails, folders etc) and dont know how.
Any help please?

Taff36 11:39 11 Sep 2003

In Explorer go to c:\documents & Settings\(Your original Identity Folder)\ and there you will find MY DOCUMENTS - MY MUSIC etc. Simply copy them to your new identity folder. (I presume you have created another identity under a different name.)

To locate and move Your original address book and e-mail folders:

In explorer click once on your c drive to highlight it. Then CTRL + F Key. This will bring up a search box. Type in *.wab and search making a note of the full path to the correct Windows Address Book.
Repeat using *.dbx to locate your old message folders and make a note of the path again.

If they are there (?) you can import them into Outlook Express by going to the FILE > IMPORT menu and selecting them. If you get stuck at this stage look in the help files of OE for a step by step guide.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The Huawei P20 Pro is the best phone for artists, designers and photographers

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

TV & Streaming : comment regarder la Supercoupe d’Espagne ?