Hot Topics

use US and UK versions of Microsoft Money on same computer

robhawk 15:58 14 May 2012

Does anyone know please if I can install Microsoft Money 2007 (US) and Microsoft Money 2005 (UK) on the same laptop, a PC using Windows 7?

Normally my partner and I use these programs separately on our different computers so there is no danger of conflict. But if I put both programs on one computer for when we travel together, can we share that computer and use our own versions of Money without any problems?

Simsy 19:48 14 May 2012

I suspect you might be able to, so long as they are installed into different folders. However, I don't know for sure, and will interested to find out what actually happens!

Regards,

Simsy

Ian in Northampton 19:58 14 May 2012

I'm with Simsy. If you're careful about where you install them - i.e. don't accept the default folder for both of them - there's no reason why it wouldn't work. I don't think...

spuds 20:06 14 May 2012

I cannot really see a problem providing that you take note as to what as already been suggested. Give it a try and see what happens.

robhawk 10:12 16 May 2012

Thank you to all who replied. I shall take your advice and proceed cautiously!

robhawk 11:56 22 May 2012

Thank you Woolwell. Do you mean different User Accounts on the computer please?

robhawk 21:22 17 Aug 2012

thank you to everyone who contributed to this post. In the end I did not risk using both versions of Money on the same computer. Too much data to get muddled up! I wonder if anyone will ever come up with a replacement for Microsoft Money?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei P40 Review

Affinity offers Photo, Designer & Publisher for Free for 3 Months

New iPhone SE could launch 'as early as today'

Les meilleures offres gratuites pendant la période de confinement