use of downrated CMOS battery

Bernard Jones 12:50 03 Jun 2018

Hi, I have a 1998 Compaq armada 7750 mt which has a 80 mah CMOS battery which is absolutely shot, replacements are expensive, but I've seen 60 mah batteries of the correct voltage very much cheaper. Will it work OK ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:53 03 Jun 2018

Yes, but will not last as long :0) not worth paying more than a couple of quid can get cheaply from Wilkinsons or pound shops.

Bernard Jones 15:06 03 Jun 2018

thanks fruit bat, but it requires 6 x 1.2 v NI-MH batteries, soldered or wired together, I may resort to doing that but rather buy a built battery pack.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:28 03 Jun 2018

so your not talking about a CMOS battery they are usually a small coin battery CR2032 or similar.

you mean the main battery pack, same answer applies yesit will work but it won't last as long as it contains a lower charge.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the World Cup for free on TV and online

Best of the Grad Shows 2018: Middlesex University art, illustration and graphic design

Best Mac tips, tricks and timesavers

Comment identifier le modèle de son iPad ?