USB/infrared adaptor (Driver MA-620.sys)

LMcG 18:03 14 Feb 2004

Having difficulty installing this. When it asks me to point to the driver file (MA-620.sys) I find it on the installation cd and point to it, when I try to continue it just just keeps asking for the same file. Any suggestions? I am using windows XP.

anon1 18:23 14 Feb 2004

are there more than one version of the file? could it be that you are actually pointing it to a windows 98 file? Have you tried right clicking the file and choosing install

LMcG 18:41 14 Feb 2004

There only seems to be one driver file, I have even downloaded the latest version from the company's website but the same thing happens. When I right click the file "Install" is not an option. I think I will do a system restore and try again. Why do these things always happen to me?? The device is a USB/infrared adaptor (Powered by Kondor) and made(?) by Konnect. The guy in Carphone Warehouse assured me it would work for any mobile phone, he didn't tell me about installation problems. I sense a 14 day money back refund coming up unless someone can help!!

Murray 18:53 14 Feb 2004

try getting another driver first - I borrowed one of these devices - at least it used a ma620 driver - it took a bit of teething to get it working, but then it was fine...

email me and I'll send you the drivers if u want - only 250K

LMcG 11:50 15 Feb 2004

Thanks for the drivers, I tried them but the same thing happened, it just kept asking for the location over and over again. Any other suggestions?

LMcG 08:14 19 Feb 2004

Thanks for your help but nothing is working. The device is going back to the shop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?