USB ports switch off and on quickly.

FinFett 14:38 14 Feb 2018

Hi.

I've been experiencing this problem for a while now, over a month, and it's really starting to annoy me. All the USB ports on my computer (both front and back) randomly switch off for a second, and come back on. This meaning my mouse, keyboard, charging phone, Xbox controller, speakers and wireless network dongle all become disconnected. This seems to only happen during games however, not when casually using my PC. As you can imagine, having the wireless dongle disconnect can be very frustrating when online gaming and using Discord, and is now causing me many issues. Your solution may be to use a LAN cable opposed to dongle, but either way, I want a fix to my USB problem, not network problem. I've already looked online with little success and have already tried disabling suspension of USB ports in the device manager and power options but these problems still persist. I'm thinking it may be something to do with my motherboard, any suggestions would be extremely helpful.

Incase neccesary, these are my specs:

CPU: AMD FX-4300 3.80GHz 4-Core Processor Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3 AMD 760G Micro-ATX Motherboard GPU: MSI AMD Radeon RX 460 2GB RAM: (One) 8GB 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance Low Profile DDR3 PSU: 500W Integrator 80+ Cert Power Supply HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive 3.5" SATA III OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:19 14 Feb 2018

It may also be your power supply struggling as the machine is running fully loaded while gaming.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 6 (2018) review

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment retrouver son code Wifi ?