Hot Topics

USB playback problems, error code keeps showing up

Martin Garbett 12:41 05 Dec 2019

I downloaded all of my family videos to a 1000g usb to save space, they will not playback from this usb stick. I keep getting the message "This file isn’t playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt." with an error code 0xc00d36c4. How can I retrieve these videos?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:51 05 Dec 2019

what file extension? what are you trying to play then on?

mrgrumpy 13:36 05 Dec 2019

I use vlc player

click here found anything yet that it cant play , the only thing I cant make it do is auto play the next video in my collection , you have to open each one separately , unless I have it set wrong.

also see this collection of searches with regards to the error code. click here

Not

wee eddie 14:01 05 Dec 2019

I'm assuming that you don't have them Backed-up.

Try transferring one back to your PC and then see what happens when you try to play it

mrgrumpy 14:19 05 Dec 2019

Hi eddie my main ssd is 450gb and the second ssd is 900mb for games etc. To save a bit of space on my main ssd I got a portable "my passport" ssd by western digital. I keep it permanently plugged in and have moved all my videos from my pc to the portable drive , they play every time without a problem.

EXTRA INFO. when I have videos or photos in the order I want to use them I use advanced re-namer to change names into numbers. I do this because windows has a problem with names but not with 4 digit numbers. Because of this problem windows gets confused so when you transfer them to another location they get randomly shuffled during the move. This does not happen if they are numbered.

NOTE TO FE yes I have "named" 2 products but only to assist with my answer.

Flat Earther 15:01 05 Dec 2019

A 1000GB USB stick?

If you bought it off ebay for £5 you've been had.

wee eddie 18:40 05 Dec 2019

I'm glad that you haven't lost them. It had occurred to me that as eBay is awash with fake large USB Sticks, this might be one of them

mrgrumpy 18:44 05 Dec 2019

Genuine 1000gb are on "that" shopping site for around £200 , I always buy the well known brands when buying any pens.

A few years ago I read about some Australian business men at a conference discussing fraud and the fact they were loosing money "somewhere" , they told each other what gear they had and it turned out that they were all using flash drives made by the same company. a couple of people decided to dig a bit deeper and it turned out that hidden away in a bit of firmware ( keylogger ) sending data from the drive back to somebody to milk the back details.

shel_coop 10:40 25 Dec 2019

when you found error code while playback problem you have to reset your system. there are very few usb which has less problem. you can visit here for more information facebook1">[click here we can compare usb with different brands. sometime fake usb can not identified. so you need check proper logo .

shel_coop 10:41 25 Dec 2019

when you found error code while playback problem you have to reset your system. there are very few usb which has less problem. you can visit here for more information
facebook click here we can compare usb with different brands. sometime fake usb can not identified. so you need check proper logo .

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

5 video games we want to see as movies

How to draw an eye

The best games on Apple Arcade

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio pas chers (2020)