USB Flash Drive 3.0 not playing Movies on TV

kat64 18:44 16 Dec 2014
Answered

Hi, I usually transfer movies from my PC to a usb flash drive and then watch the movies on the TV.I have just bought a new usb 3.0 flash drive and transferred a couple of movies to it but when i plug it into my TV it says 'Folder Empty'. I have formatted the flash drive and changed the format from Fat32 to NTFS format but the movies still do not show up on the TV . The movies play ok on my PC . Any help would be appreciated. Kind Regards

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:12 16 Dec 2014

I would suspect your TV is not recognising the USB3 drive correctly

Can you try formatting to the linux format ext2 or ext3. will the TV format the drive?

kat64 22:24 17 Dec 2014

Hi Fruitbat the TV recognises the USB3 but it just shows as empty.I have just tried an experiment ,I put a movie (avi) and a photograph (jpeg) and an audio (mp3) on the same Flash drive .The The MP3 played ok the Photo showed ok but when i switched to movies it still said Folder Empty. Not sure what else to try do you have any thoghts on it? Kind Regards

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:33 17 Dec 2014
Answer

Looks like the TV is not recognising the avi format of the film do you have any films with the mp4 or mpeg format?

kat64 22:45 17 Dec 2014

I just tried an MP4 and still no good. My TV plays AVIs MP4s and all the popular Formats when I plug in my External HDD. Regars

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:59 18 Dec 2014

reformat the usb drive and retry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

Yotam Ottolenghi's latest cookbook is a design feast for the eyes

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs