USB device has exceeded the power limits

Gultshaha 10:21 28 Feb 2018

Hey, so my mouse stopped working. After couple of minutes so did my keybord and internet. I tried to restart the PC couple of times, it didn't fix anything, but now my PC started to restart itself after 1-5minutes of turning it on. I went to computer repair shop, they said my power supply was messed up and it had to be changed. They changed the power supply, now everything was working except I was getting this "USB device has exceeded the power limits of its hub port" error upon pluging my mouse in, after I get that error my mouse turns off. I tried the same mouse on my brother's PC and it seems to work without any errors. So is there a way to fix this ?Or the only thing is to change my mouse ? My mouse is Razer Deathadder Chroma if that changes anything.

Thanks for any help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:26 28 Feb 2018

the hub ports have a power limit of 500mA and a mouse should not be anywhere near that.

try another mouse or plug a powered USB hub into the port and plug your mouse into the powered Hub.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel 3 review

Automatically create thousands of unique variations from one original design with this free…

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Comment utiliser WhatsApp sur son iPad ?