USB 2

barrie_g 18:03 12 Apr 2003

Hi sorry if this has been done before but I've done a search of the Helproom (all discussions) and nothing I could find that covered it.

System spec; XP Home Sp1, mobo MSI 845PE, Lian Li case, I think this all the relevant info if you need any more just ask.

Ok now for the problem, checking in "Device Manager"

I have 1 listing for "usb2 enhanced host controller -24cd"

I have 3 listings for "usb universal host controller" 2 of which have 24c2 next to them and 1 which has 24c7 next to it.

the motherboard support 6 usb2 ports, so I assume that the port(s) which show as usb2 are attached to the mobo, which comes with a, 2 port d-bracket(usb2), The Lian-li (pc7) case has 2 front usb2 compatible ports (which is why I bought it)

I've tried uninstalling the ports, updating the drivers, and nothing seems to work to get the ports recognised as usb2 and I would be grateful if anyone had any ideas

recap 18:09 12 Apr 2003

barrie_g, when you uninstalled the ports did you do a hard re-boot to allow Windows to recognise them?

barrie_g 18:17 12 Apr 2003

yes

recap 18:24 12 Apr 2003

On recommendations from Djohn in a previous posting of mine, Djohn recommends installing service pack 1 for XP.

barrie_g 18:27 12 Apr 2003

I'm running windows xp sp1, not the addin service pack but the version of xp home with sp1 combined.

barrie_g 19:54 12 Apr 2003

anyone got any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?