URGENT HELP REQUIRED

Rubz 17:58 28 Jan 2005

im having serious problems with ms word the margins are all messed up and are set to the wrong default settings. The top margin is half eroded and the left margin is not even there - when i minimise the whole of the left margin dissapears - i cant describe it in words - can anyone help - is there a default tool i can download from microsoft website? - please help!!!

i cant even install the support template which microsoft reccomeneds that will fix ther problem

this problem of mine has been going on for ages now - urgent help required

rawprawn 18:12 28 Jan 2005

You don't say what version, but have you tried Help/detect and Repair

Rubz 18:15 28 Jan 2005

office 2003
i have tried it but no luck bro
and help?

Djohn 18:16 28 Jan 2005

click here you already have a thread running on this Rubz from Wednesday. Have you tried the suggestions from myself and VoG?

Djohn 18:19 28 Jan 2005

Can you do a screensot of the problem please Rubz so that we can see the problem. The suggestions from VoG and I should have cured the problem unless we have misunderstood the issue.

ACOLYTE 18:21 28 Jan 2005

Wasnt there another thread with the same title somwhere?

Rubz 18:22 28 Jan 2005

yes but ho do i make it available fo u to see man

Rubz 18:24 28 Jan 2005

have u got an email address so i can send u the screenshot?

Forum Editor 18:25 28 Jan 2005

but thread titles like yours are not acceptable. Our forum threads are archived, and can be searched by other forum members who might have a similar problem to yours - if you simply call your thread 'URGENT HELP REQUIRED' it will be of no value whatsoever.

Please post another thread, this time with a more meaningful title, which indicates the nature of your problem "Problem with MS Word settings" would be good.

I'm locking this thread now.

Djohn 18:28 28 Jan 2005

Open word to fill the screen, click on your "Print scrn" key on the top right of the keyboard and this will take an image of your display. Close Word and open "Paint", click on edit and choose paste to bring up the snapshot of your document.

Go to file save and save as a jpeg file to your desktop, go to this site. click here and click on the browse button, browse to your desktop and click on the file you have just saved then click on upload.

Once the file has loaded you will see a link to the site, copy this link and come back to the message box in this forum and paste the link then post to the forum. A blue "Click here" will show once you have posted and we can go to the site and see what your document looks like then offer more advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)