Urgent help needed-Mute Laptop

Epocs 13:10 16 Jun 2004

I have been asked to do a format/re-install on a toshiba Satellite 4060XCDT laptop. I have formated and got almost everything working, however it does not output any sound at all, on dxdiag or media files. I have tried Toshiba drivers and reference files to no avail. I think it has an ESS Meastro and it shows it is installed properly in sys info and there are no error messages - just no sound.

Its a bit urgent as I will only be able to get to the latop till about 2-3 o'clock so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

woodchip 13:38 16 Jun 2004

You have not said your OS, but regardless check the sound control in the system tray right click and open

Epocs 13:44 16 Jun 2004

Thanks, I have checked the volume and whether it is muted. Sorry for the lack of OS, it is Win '98 SE.

Graham ® 14:08 16 Jun 2004

Any of the Function keys got a speaker with a line through icon? Press the Fn key and that one together.

Epocs 20:41 16 Jun 2004

I have had a look, there is one with a speaker symbol on it, when pressed it produces a beep that gets louder in 3 stages then gets silent. I have tried sound on all levels but no joy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?