Uploading Viideos to my PC

Clive of India 22:36 16 Sep 2019

Hi Can anyone out there help me please, I’ve got a Panasonic DMC-FZ100 Camera and if I record a short video with it and play it back on the camera, the video and sound are perfect.

If I upload it to my PC using a usb cable and try backing it back using VLC Media Player the video is fine but the sound is stuttery. This wasn’t also the case it did use to playback fine I’m using Windows 10 on my pc.

Again thanks to anyone who can shed some light.

Clive Does anyone have any ideas what’s going on?

WhirlingRound 17:06 17 Sep 2019

Do you have the latest version of VLC? I don't know which version you have, but quite often glitchy performance can be caused by out of date software.

Failing that, check your task manager to see if any intensive background tasks are running (Anti-virus, malware detectors etc).

Clive of India 19:42 17 Sep 2019

Hello WhirlingRound

Thanks for your reply, I've checked and I'm using the latest version of VLC namely 3.0.8 Vetinari. I'm running Bitdefender Total Security but not had any issues with it in the past concerning uploads from the camera.

Clive of India 19:51 17 Sep 2019

I've also tried it with Bitdefender disabled, and it makes no difference.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

Hell or Habito? Why a mortgage startup branded itself through some sick animation

macOS Catalina Review: New MacOS update turns your Mac into an entertainment hub

Les meilleurs écrans pour PC (2019)