uploading

terryf 12:14 02 Mar 2006

I have free webspace with Eclipse, used smartftp to upload some files (zip and exe) went to website and it says it is not set up, any suggestions, I dont want to set up web pages just send some files there for my brother in Canada to retreive

harristweed 12:51 02 Mar 2006

If you have not loaded an index page, then trying to access the site via a browser will give an error message. This does not mean your files are not available to your brother.

terryf 14:00 02 Mar 2006

Please pardon my ignorance but what is an index page and how do I load it. This is my first time trying to use ISP web-space and 'I don't know nuffin'

terryf 15:43 02 Mar 2006

Thanks, just put in click here and as you say, the browser asked what I wanted to do. My first fumbling steps but it isn't as easy as my son would have it, then he is only 34 and I am 40 years older. They didn't have this new-fangled internet when I started as a computer field engineer in 1963

terryf 15:44 02 Mar 2006

For the future I would be pleased to know of a noddy guide to FTP and creating index.html

Gadget Manager 16:59 02 Mar 2006

Terry,

Pay a visit to click here
Lots of introductory stuf and tutorials. I'm sure it will help you.
Sharon

terryf 20:00 02 Mar 2006

Thanks Sharon, I will have another look when I can spare time from watching the idiots lantern :-)
Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)