Upgrading Sound Card -Recommendations

Completealias 21:30 19 May 2005

Hi there am looking into upgrading my sound card and would also like to have the capabily to record my guitar into the pc.

I have a budget of around £125 and so far have looked at creatives either audigy 4 or audgiy 2 platium pro both with the breakout box as I don't have a spare bay slot to put the front panel in. Yes they are both slightly over budget at about the £150 mark.

Was having a look again earlier today though and came across a device called the M-audio fast track USB which for the money comes in at around the £65 quid mark looks like it may well do the job of allowing me to record my guitar. Having had a look at reviews for this device though there seems to be a bit of a mixed bag some love it some hate, so was wondering if anyone on here had heard of it or used it?

Also if I did end up buying this then what would be a good PCI sound card to buy for the other £60 as ideally would like to upgrade the onboard sound.

Or is it just better to stick with the creatives lab solution?

or has anyone else got any other ideas / recommendations

Cheers all

Completealias 13:06 20 May 2005

^

Technotiger 14:16 20 May 2005

Hi, I have the Audigy2 pci card - for my humble needs it is excellent, I am not a musician. However it would suit you for recording your Guitar as it does have Recording facility.

Cheers.

Technotiger 14:21 20 May 2005

ps - £65 from my local pc shop (PCideals) back in Sept 2004.

Completealias 23:03 20 May 2005

Thanks for that technotiger

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?