upgrading problem

clema 16:38 11 May 2004

please .
when i try to upgrade my windows me to windows xp .it gives me this message as setup has determind that drive c is corrupted and cannot be repaired.
so ple ase help me solve my problem.
THANKS

dazzling 16:48 11 May 2004

clema do a clean install.back up all your data first though and if you havent got them already get xp drivers for your hardware.you dont have to do an upgrade with the upgrade disc as long as you have the me disk.a clean insall will be much more stable most people here recommend it.if you get stuck post back someone will help you.darren

dazzling 16:48 11 May 2004

clema do a clean install.back up all your data first though and if you havent got them already get xp drivers for your hardware.you dont have to do an upgrade with the upgrade disc as long as you have the me disk.a clean insall will be much more stable most people here recommend it.if you get stuck post back someone will help you.darren

clema 10:56 14 May 2004

Hi there.I have encounted the same problem again and this time I formated the whole drive and after windows has finished copying the files and is ready to install windows the problem came again saying windows has determinde that drive c is corrupt and cannot repair .bet please when the computer first came there was windows 98 which was upgr aded win windows xp so i ecoounted a proble saying suck 3d key and found out that my coursin w as using it and coffee drop on it .so i was able to rectify the problem and after that try to install windows xp that is where it gave me the same problem.but when when i put either 98,me or 2000 on it it installs very well without saying any thing but when i try to upgrade it to xp that is where the problem comes so please try to help me so that i can insall it on it. thanks

Smiler 11:49 14 May 2004

Have you tried running scandisk to see if it finds any errors on the hard disk?

clema 13:17 14 May 2004

hello,
I have done it and it said no dad sectors.so i dont know why is bieng telling me this.so try and help me or giv e me some troubleshooting sites on the net. thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?