upgrading the HD to SSD in laptop

Bike-it 20:19 21 Jun 2018

I have a Toshiba Qosimo x70B-10T laptop and im looking to upgrade the 1TB HD to a SSD, so what SSD do you guys recommend, i use my laptop for photo editing in Photoshop & Lightroom, i have a budget of £250.

Paul Westfield 10:56 22 Jun 2018

Hey Bike-it, Personally, IMHO I think SANdisk is a good brand. I assume you want a 1TB direct replacement? The SanDisk Ultra 3D SSD 1TB up to 560MB/s Read/up to 530MB/s Write - About £213 on Amazon click here will LOVE the SSD performance, especially fo your Photo editing. But your whole computer will be fast. Most of them come with software to fully copy your existing disk onto the new one (plugin it in externally) then copy, then open up your laptop, replace and reboot! Depending on your tech skill you may want a tech buddy to help, just in case :-)

You

Paul Westfield 10:58 22 Jun 2018

Whoops - sorry for the misspellings!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)