upgraded pc

preston 15:30 06 Jan 2003
  preston 15:30 06 Jan 2003

put pc together plugged it in and monitor goes into off mode.tried other monitors, same problem or " no signal output " comes up. not sure if its my graphics card or not. what could it be?
HELP

AndySD 15:33 06 Jan 2003

Make sure the card is in properly... is the clip at the back in place?

Are you getting any beeps at startup?

DieSse 15:34 06 Jan 2003

It might be your graphics card, then again it might not.

Also try making sure the graphics card is fully seated in it's slot.

Is the whole system switching on OK, and just not the monitor? - or what - fans going? etc etc.

preston 15:38 06 Jan 2003

card in properly, checked it loads of times. there are no beeps at startup.everything else seems to be working.

AndySD 15:39 06 Jan 2003

Remove and reseat the memory.

preston 15:39 06 Jan 2003

card in properly, checked it loads of times. there are no beeps at startup.everything else seems to be working.

woodchip 15:43 06 Jan 2003

Check the CPU is fully in

hgrock 15:43 06 Jan 2003

your problem is memory MAYBE, check that you r running at the richt speed eg. 100 or 133 for simms they are in the right bank my abit board refused to start up with 2 sticks removing one all was fine but it had to be in bank 3 insteaD OF 1

SpyMan²°°­­³ 16:03 06 Jan 2003

Personally i think it is something to do with you mobo myself. Does your mobo have onboard graphics?? If so, take your graphics card out and then load up, if it still doesn't work then it isn't you graphics card. Have you checked all your switches arte in the right place according to the handbook.

I did have a problem like this a few years back and the computer engineer replaced the power supply and the mobo. IT WORKED!! Don't know which one was faulty though

DieSse 16:52 06 Jan 2003

If everything seems to be working - then try another graphics card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?