upgrade laptop to 64-bit system

bobbyalec 11:37 28 Dec 2016

Hi, and thanks in advance for any advice you give... I have a Toshiba laptop Satellite P100 with Windows 10 Home and wanted to install Photoshop Elements 15 upgrade to the PC which has P/E 3 already installed. However, when I tried to install it the system has to be 64-bit... My system says it is a "32-bit operating system, x64-based processor" - so, my friends, any ideas about how easy or difficult or expensive to do this? Regards, bobbyalec.

Forum Editor 12:14 28 Dec 2016

The information you have provided indicates that your laptop already has a 64bit compatible processor, which means that it should be capable of running the 64bit version of Windows 10.

I say 'should' because some of the earlier 64bit CPUs did not have the necessary features to run the 64bit version. Your laptop first saw the light of day quite a long time ago, so it will be worth checking before you try to install the different Windows version.

You can download a checking tool here. It will analyse your machine, and provide all kinds of information.

You are looking for three things in the analysis results, and you can read about those here.

bobbyalec 15:05 28 Dec 2016

Hi, Forum Editor, thank you for your advice but I'm afraid I'm a 78year old "silver surfer" and when I clicked on the link for a checking tool I couldn't understand what I was supposed to download to help my problem? Hope you can find time to bear with me and help out with this... Regards, bobbyalec

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:29 28 Dec 2016

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 release date & specs

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2019 is 'Living Coral'

Can Macs Get Viruses & Do Macs Need Antivirus Software?

Comment baisser votre ping ?