upgrade to home XP?

[DELETED] 16:46 09 Oct 2003

My pc is currently using win 2000, what is the benefit of updating to XP? is it a more stable system? or what? views would be most welcome.

[DELETED] 16:53 09 Oct 2003

hello
windows xp is the most stable of all the windows applications... and has too many benefits to mention..
one piece of advice UPGRADE NOW!!!!!

[DELETED] 16:56 09 Oct 2003

The setup is great the program is stable looks better and it is more user freindly, if I was you I would upgrade to xp pro as ot offers better features then home, why dont you try a dual boot with 2000 and xp if you can get hold of a copy from a friend then you can see the diffrence you will however need to give it a chance its a little in your face for the first few days and takes a little while to get used to it will grow on you big time i promise that.

[DELETED] 18:11 09 Oct 2003

its more easiar to use (in some cases) looks better more reliable but could do with a polish here and there but overalll its the bst one for me. so i think you should definetly get it!

MIke 18:29 09 Oct 2003

I agree with all that's been said before, never had a blue screen with XP, they were becoming too regular on Win98, so I bit the bullet and did the upgrade. It took a little while to get used to the new look and some of the features, but I'd never go back to 98 now. It's just so stable.

[DELETED] 19:01 09 Oct 2003

It is worth noting that if you or any of your relatives are involved in primary, or further education, you may qualify for Microsoft's educational upgrade which costs a lot less than the normal retail price.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple