Hot Topics

Updating cells from sheet 1 to sheet 2

Harold 15:01 28 Feb 2020

Updating cell A10 in sheet one. I want to automatically update cell E22 in sheet2 with updated value in A10. Can someone please help me.

Harold

compumac 16:32 28 Feb 2020

In Cell E22 in sheet 2, copy =Sheet1!A10

compumac 16:33 28 Feb 2020

CORRECTION

In Cell E22 in sheet 2, =sheet1!A10

qwbos 00:31 29 Feb 2020

In cell A10 in sheet 1, right click and copy. Go to sheet 2, cell E22, right click and paste link (the one at the right end of paste with the chain symbol). The value in cell E22 will be the value in cell A10, and the formula =Sheet1$A$10 will be in the formula bar.

Easiest way to do it without having to bother with formula syntax.

wee eddie 08:38 29 Feb 2020

From deep in my memory banks qwbos's solution looks right. The $ Sign, either side of the Destination, rings a bell

Harold 09:59 29 Feb 2020

Thanks qwbos. Works a treat. It will save me a great deal of time as I have about 40 iterations across two additional sheets every time I update my spreadsheet.

Harold.

qwbos 11:37 29 Feb 2020

wee eddie

From deep in my memory banks

Memory? What's that? ;o)>

That's the joy of copy, paste for linking in Excel. You don't need to remember anything other than copy paste. Refresher on Excel references for you.

Harold

Glad to help. Simple solutions are always the best

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Report says rental e-scooters will be legal on UK roads from Saturday

How are agencies approaching hiring creatives of colour?

Big Sur brings us closer to a Mac/iPad hybrid... or does it?

Les bons plans gadgets high tech (2020)