updating bios .my system is in danger

frostbite4 11:23 09 Apr 2017

hi when I update my asus mb it says it is completed and system will be reset when it goes for reset it resets and before reaching asus logo it resets again until three reset then in the third reset it shows American megatrends and says press f1 for uefi menu when igo there I select discard changes and rest and system restars normally and goes in windows without problem. is this normal? I mean is all bios updates like this or system must boot after the first rest which happesn after completing bios installation? Quote Reply

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:13 09 Apr 2017

No its not normal.

However when its updated you may have to enter BIOS and set the hard (ssd) drive as first boot device

frostbite4 02:47 10 Apr 2017

I don't have a ssd.system boots properly from my hdd. what must am ido now? how can I fix it?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:00 10 Apr 2017

why are you trying to update the BIOS if everything boots normally?

frostbite4 12:20 10 Apr 2017

you said it is not normal then how I goes normally?also sometimes ihave beeps like this: two long and one short while starting up

frostbite4 13:35 10 Apr 2017

is my bios corrupted?i am working with my pc like this for several month if this bios installation is not normal can my system work like this? lets say like this:i updated bios with ez flash 2 the system says bios is successfully updated and system will be reset but problem is restarting I mean updating bios is done successfully isn't it? then why it restarts like that?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:21 10 Apr 2017

Enter BIOS - Select set to defaults - save and exit (F10)

let the PC reboot and see what happens.

frostbite4 18:16 10 Apr 2017

what happens? windows starts without problem like what I said before. my problem is updating bios which doesn't goes normally

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:41 10 Apr 2017

So again I ask "if everything is OK why are you trying to update the BIOS?"

frostbite4 07:00 11 Apr 2017

why? because everyday I had bsod. after updating bios there is no bsod at all. but problem is updating process which you said it is not normal and now I say that too.now what is the condition of my bios?corrupted? is something wrong with my motherboard? can a corrupted bios work?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:19 11 Apr 2017

It sounds as if every thing is working OK now if your not having BSOD and its booting to windows OK.

BSOD are nothing to do with BIOS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

This graphic novel uses AR to blur the lines between cartoon, comic and video game

How to watch Apple's October 2018 iPad launch

Comment d├ęsinstaller des applications sur un Mac ?