Update is ready FFProduct Update(r)

KeithMH 10:59 31 Jan 2019

"Update is ready Update and bebefit from enhancements and fixes." keeps popping up on my laptop, without any further information. It seems to be connected to something called 'FFProductUpdate(r)'.

Does anyone know what this is and, if necessary, how to get rid of it?

Pine Man 11:36 31 Jan 2019

Product Updater is a potentially unwanted program that is commonly bundled with other free programs that you download off of the Internet.

It needs to be removed and if you Google it you will find loads of advice on removal.

Try Malwarebytes and see if it finds anything.

KeithMH 17:33 31 Jan 2019

Thanks for that. I've followed your advice and so far so good.

KeithMH 10:30 01 Feb 2019

Unfortunately, I was wrong; it's back this morning.

Pine Man 11:47 01 Feb 2019

click here a look at this.

Have

KeithMH 16:00 01 Feb 2019

Thank you; I have seen this and it looks like I'm going to have to take a day or so to carry out the instructions. Still, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

Pine Man 18:51 01 Feb 2019

Good luck :-)

KeithMH 20:04 01 Feb 2019

Thank you, I'll probably need it.

KeithMH 08:36 05 Feb 2019

I tried that procedure, twice, and the problem is still there. I'll probably end up having a complete clear out, but I haven't got that desperate, yet.

Pine Man 10:30 05 Feb 2019

Sorry to hear that - no more suggestions I'm afraid, short of reformat and reinstall;-)

KeithMH 16:20 05 Feb 2019

Thanks for your help, anyway.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

EE 5G review: How fast is 5G in the UK?

Chiara Luber brings vintage postcards to life in her summery ode to Hepburn and romance

How to install the iOS 13 beta on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleurs ├ętuis et housses pour Kindle (2019)