Unwanted things on desktop

Gigs 23:14 14 Jun 2005

I recently downloaded a game demo which was successful but at the same time it downloaded another couple of demos which I did not want. I have now finished with the demo and want to delete it together with the unwanted ones.
I went Add/Remove in control panel and deleted from there but the icons are still on the desktop. When I right click on them and try to delete them I get the message 'Cannot delete. It is being used by another person or program' As far as I know it is not being used by anything else. I cannot even move the icons to another folder.
How do I get rid of these annoying things please?

I will be off line until tomorrow but will check back then. Thanks in advance.

Zaphod Beeblebrox 00:05 15 Jun 2005

check in program files for folders the games were contained in and delete them manually try deleting icons again some of these things dont uninstall fully

alltime 00:31 15 Jun 2005

Gigs try this

click here

Gigs 20:02 16 Jun 2005

Zaphod Beeblebrox. Tried the program files but the icons are still ther.

Alltime. Have tried a similar program to that but still the pesky things won't go.

If I go to a restore point to a date before I dowloaded the demo would that work?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:15 16 Jun 2005

If I go to a restore point to a date before I dowloaded the demo would that work?

Yes it should.

VoG II 20:18 16 Jun 2005

Or Remove on Reboot click here

Gigs 20:38 16 Jun 2005

Fruit Bat/\0/Thanks for that

VoG
Thank you. Have downloaded that little thing but have a stupid boy question. I unzipped it and have the zip icon on the desktop but not the application itself. Where is it please?

VoG II 20:39 16 Jun 2005

Right click an icon or file. Do you get Remove on Next Reboot on the pop-up menu? If so, it is installed.

Gigs 20:52 16 Jun 2005

AAARGH They're still there!!

Gigs 21:00 16 Jun 2005

VoG
Sorry, there's a posting before that last one. Yes, Remove on reboot is there. I have tried it but the icons are still there. Looks like I will have to go for the restore.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?