Unsure for the reason of crashes

SockGuardian 10:11 18 May 2019

Hello. I have a system of 16 GB ram. AMD Ryzen 1600 Six core 3.40 GHz, Nvidia geforce RTX 2070. 1tb hdd, 500 ssd. My graphics handling should be fine, I play on a 32 inch 4k monitor. I use 3840 x 2160 resolution for standard. I try to play most games on this resolution as well, but they all crash. If I decrease the quality to approximately "low" or "medium", only then it doesn't crash on me. I do not understand what part of my computer is failing to let me play these games. I can reduce the resolution of a game to 1920x1080 and play windowed, it only takes a side of the monitor, but if I increase the quality of the graphics any further than low, it starts crashing. Could it be an issue with internet? I use a wifi adapter, which I know isn't the best but it never lags or such. I do not believe it could be the graphics card, since this problem has been persisting with my old GPU as well (GTX 1060), but now that I upgraded, it's still crashing all the same. Also recently upgraded power supply and got the ssd I mentioned. In case it was a corrupt disk of my HDD, I put all the games and apps into the SSD, but that had no influence on crashing. Another thing to mention, when I turn on highest graphics on a game, 4k resolution. Most cases it runs 60fps, but still crashes. I have ensured all the drivers are updated. Any idea what might be the issue?

x13 11:57 19 May 2019

Some useful tools listed here that may point to the issue.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware Area 51m review

7 tips from a junior designer on breaking into the industry

New MacBook 2019 release date, price & specs rumours

Comment se d├ęsabonner de Netflix ?