Hot Topics

Unsecure website?

hiwatt 17:55 31 Mar 2015

Hi folks, I'm trying to make a purchase online using Firefox on pretygreen.com and when proceeding to check out it is telling me we can't confirm that your connection is secure. Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified. www.prettygreen.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because no issuer chain was provided. (Error code: secerrorunknown_issuer) This is only on firefox but it sounds dodgy if the transaction is not encrypted? I tried it on mt other "profile" and at first it was ok but then went the same. Prettygreen say they have checked and it's definitely not the website but I have tried everything to no avail. Could someone who uses firefox try the website for me please?If you add any item to the checkout and click proceed will it let you? Thank you in advance.

hiwatt 10:12 06 Apr 2015

Thanks for the update guys. I'm sure this is a firefox problem.What I can be certain of is that it doesn't happen in IE.I thought it was as a problem with the latest version(37) at first but I tried it out yesterday on my girlfriends computer which was still running version 36 and the same untrusted warning appeared when accessing the pretty green checkout?

Secret-Squirrel 12:13 06 Apr 2015

"I'm sure this is a firefox problem"

Did you see my post from yesterday at 4:48PM? If you didn't then have a look at the last paragraph. There's nothing wrong with Firefox and it's simply being more thorough in checking website security than other browsers (such as IE). Here's one of the reports from an SSL checker I used - note that Pretty Green gets the lowest rating of "F" and says "Users may receive strong browser warnings".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to work from your garden on a laptop more effectively

What if subjects of iconic paintings practised social distancing?

MacBook Air (2020) review: More bang for your buck

Comment activer le mode Incognito sur Google Maps ?