Unidentified Network No internet Access on HP lapt

[email protected] 09:25 25 Oct 2015

My laptop was working with no probs when an update appeared on the screen. Since the update ( this morning) I cannot get Internet Access troubleshooting says that "WIFI" doesn't have a valid IP config and I have an unidentified network, no internet access symbol. I have trouble shooter and it won't fix. The adapter has no warning symbols and says it is working. I have disabled it, left it and switched it back on, to no avail. I can obviously try a restore, but the update will keep coming back and I can't really never update it again. Our iPads etc are connecting with no problems. Does anybody have any ideas at all? Thank you!

Govan1x 10:11 25 Oct 2015

Was it a windows update or a security update from an anti virus program and will computer start using an ethernet connection.

If just a wireless problem you could go to Device Manager.network adapters.Double click on the wireless adapter .then click on Driver. See if you can roll back the driver.

If not system restore would be your best bet.

[email protected] 10:23 25 Oct 2015

It was a Windows update. I can't check with the cable at the moment I will try and roll back the driver or do a restore, thank you!

Govan1x 13:42 25 Oct 2015

Take it you are using W10 then.If so have a look here.

Click Here

Thought that I would check my computer and it is already set not to download drivers but saying that it did download one today for my graphics card.

bumpkin 15:05 25 Oct 2015

You don't say what OS, try opening CMD (command prompt) and typing in ipconfig /release then press enter. Then type ipconfig /renew. Note there is a space before the forward slash.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Artists FriendsWithYou reimagine Snoopy and Charlie Brown for a Peanuts London takeover

iPad Pro 12.9in (2018) review

Les meilleurs smartphones chinois disponibles en France