Unexpected PC Shutdown problems

Logov 11:35 24 Aug 2003

Usually when I'm on the net and doing something like listening to the radio via either Real One or Windows Media a system shutdown message appears in the middle of the screen. I'm told to save all work and given a minute in which to do so. It goes on to say: "This procedure was initiated by the NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" Below it is a further message telling me that the "RPC Remote Procedure Call was terminated unexpectedly". These messages have occurred every time I attempt to use a media player whilst on the net for the past week. Previously I have used my system for the above for over a year without issue. Why does it suddenly happen and how can I stop it from happening in the future? I can't think of anything I have done out of my usual practices that may have caused this problem.

I use Windows XP with a 1600mhz AMD processor and have added no other software for approx 4 months.

Kitz E Kat 11:41 24 Aug 2003

Me thinks you got a virus, do a scan and see what that throws up, check the start up items, do a Google and i think you will find a dodgy file, i remember this NT Authority\System as a indication of a infection.
Good Luck
Kitz E Kat

Kitz E Kat 11:45 24 Aug 2003

click here more onfo
Kitz E Kat

xania 13:13 24 Aug 2003

MBlaster! There are lots of threads on this already. Remember to install the windows patch BEFORE you use the removal tool.

plankton 15:59 24 Aug 2003

And stop restore...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)