Undoing a partition?

  [DELETED] 05:13 23 Oct 2003

I'm reasonably certain it's possible, I'm just not sure how..

Is there anyway I can combine a partitioned hard drive back into a single drive without losing data on either drive?

A free option would be appreciated, but not essential, lol.

Thanks for any help

  [DELETED] 08:24 23 Oct 2003

You'll get some posters who will give you info on free proggies, i use 'partition magic', sure it costs , not that much, and does a good job...

To answer your first question , yeah you can 'merge' the partitions , without losing data..

BUT, you should back up first, just in case....

Good luck

  [DELETED] 08:29 23 Oct 2003

Found Partition Magic 8 for £36

click here

Looks like I'm going to have to purchase it soon.

  [DELETED] 09:05 23 Oct 2003

I would use Partition Magic for this *but* you can download Ranish Partition manager which is free and give it a try. Read the flipping manual first,it's a dos program.

Usual disclaimers apply ;)

Good luck


  [DELETED] 14:56 23 Oct 2003

Download the FREE Disk Manager ranish from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple