Undeliverable mail

frojim 18:12 28 Jan 2005

I use NTL as my email client but used to use Hotmail. Since disregarding the hotmail account my contacts have told me that they are receiving the below message when they send emails to my NTL address, although I am receiving their messages on my ntl account with no trouble. I went to the hotmail account but it had become inactive. Any help would be appreciated.

Mail Administrator [email protected]>
This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:
Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
each recipient was rejected.
Recipient: old Hotmail address>
Reason: Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable

octal 18:19 28 Jan 2005

Have you tried reactivating the Hotmail account to remove the redirection.

My son does it all the time, he is quite often away from home for two or three months and doesn't seem to have any problem reactivating his account.

Also I reactivated one of my old Hotmail accounts after about two years!

frojim 11:49 29 Jan 2005

thanks for your response but I can't reactivate the account with my old address and password. I think they have become void since hotmail is now hotmail .co.uk instead of hotmail .com which is what it was when I was a member.

lotvic 17:56 29 Jan 2005

did you by any chance previously have ntl forward all your mail to your hotmail address? It looks to me as if your ntl account is still attempting to do this.
(If I have understood correctly the message that people are getting when they mail you)
If so then you need to remove the redirection from your ntl account - if that is an option on ntl.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?