Unable to view Jpeg Images

mutantcamel 19:18 23 Jan 2005

I have downloaded a number of Jpeg images from the internet, but when I double click on a picture in My Pictures nothing comes up. It just says "no preview available". I tried using one as wallpaper on my desktop but if you select it, it just shows up as a blank blue screen.

I must have disabled some option, any ideas people?

VoG II 19:25 23 Jan 2005

Will they open in IrfanView click here or even in Paint.

(Start the program first, then try loading one of the images)

Chezdez 19:29 23 Jan 2005

click here

thats the problem i have, and a solution, check it out

mutantcamel 19:49 23 Jan 2005

I download that Irfanview and clicked on a Jpeg image, it says that it's infact an .art extension which AOL uses and I should use Internet Explorer to open it with. The thing is the .art files do open ok with IE, but these have been saved as JPEG! I tried using IE but all I get is a little box with a red cross in it.

Any ideas???

mutantcamel 19:54 23 Jan 2005

It actually says they are .art files but with the wrong file extension on the end. How can I change these files to .art ones?

VoG II 20:05 23 Jan 2005

There is something in AOL that compresses images and makes them unreadable in AOL. I don't use AOL so I'm not sure how to stop this. Minimise AOL, start Internet Explorer and download them again.

Sans le Sou 22:57 23 Jan 2005

Any good? click here

THE TERMINATOR 00:59 24 Jan 2005

Launch Internet Explorer click on Tools menu>Internet Options and Delete Your temporary internet files. This will allow you to see jpeg again....TT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)